Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Treasured Things...


So, here I go again...blogging. I found a whole new world of people out there who are like me...love lamps, love fabric, love decorating, ... love creating. So, I have decided to give blogging another try. Only this time I am going blog about the the things I create. 
Let me give you the run down on my black and white dresser/buffet. A couple of my most treasured things are the turquoise and cream dishes from my mom's mom, and the big gold mirror from my dad's mom. I was having a hard time envisioning how they would fit into my "mostly red" and "casual" home. This is the solution I went for - a funky piece of furniture that would make these old treasured things seem new
My friend Krista found this old dresser for $40 at a garage sale. I got out a ruler and during my children's naps I drew the lines, painted it, sanded it,....done. Someday I want to try this idea again on a red piece of furniture with red and white harlequins...maybe a bookcase...cute! 

No comments:

Post a Comment