Monday, June 14, 2010

Finally!!!!



Ok, so I am finally posting again...I know...it has been FOREVER!! We have had a lot going on:)

*The Scarlet Sashes Boutique Sale was a HIT!!! We sold almost everything. I have had to slow down, and I am just doing a few pieces here and there. After Sutton is born I will take an extended break...not sure how long:) But...I will be back to painting on a regular basis before long.

*Levi "Sutton" Wethington is due in about 8 weeks. We are getting so excited to meet him. Children are such a blessing from the Lord. I feel so honored to be a mother.

*Speaking of children...my children now have a pet. A cat:) We have had the cat for months now, and many of my friends ask me if she is still here...YES SHE IS!!! It is shocking to me that we have a cat...never been a "cat lover".
She showed up in our back yard one day and the rest is history. Eva named her Pretty Pretty. And, she is a very sweet cat considering the abuse she takes from my children and their friends. The kids are always wanting to hold Pretty Pretty, or dance with Pretty Pretty, or "swing" Pretty Pretty...poor cat.

Eva was so happy to have Pretty Pretty that for days she would draw pictures of her. This is one of my favorites.

* My mom came down a couple of weeks ago and we painted EVERYTHING in the boy's room. I hadn't done anything to this room since we moved in over 2 years ago. The previous home owners had white walls and all the built-ins were their original pecan stain. I am really thankful for how it has turned out.
I kept the same bedding I used for Cooper, I just make a burlap bed skirt.
My mom is making some burlap pillows for the bed and I am making a burlap bed skirt so it will match the crib.

We painted all the built-ins black. I still have to distress them and add new hardware. I never liked the built-ins before, but now that they are black I really like them. The vanity looked a little to feminine so my mom built two shelves to hold my baskets. I think it looks more like a "changing table" now instead of a vanity.
People are always asking me how I get projects done with the kids around. As you can see in the picture below of me sewing...they are always helping:) Oh...they make me laugh!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love this room, friend!! You are so incredibly talented:)

    ReplyDelete