Monday, November 30, 2009

Tomato Basil Soup

OK, please don't pass out...yes - I am posting a recipe! Everyone who followed my family blog remembers the awesome Hamburger Helper recipe, right?! haha

Cooking is not my favorite thing to do, so the easier the better. This is one of my favorite "cold weather" foods. Even my kids love it. It is quick, easy and great with grilled cheese sandwiches. I think it tastes very similar to La Madeline's Tomato Basil Soup. It makes a ton - so invite friends over or freeze the left overs.Mix these together in a big pan and simmer for about 30 min -
2 cans 28 oz crushed tomatoes
4 cups chicken broth
1 cup heavy cream
1 stick butter
1/4 cup dried basil (0r to taste, sometimes I do less. You can also used fresh chopped basil)

I got this original recipe on the internet. However, that recipe involved a blender, food processor and other "equipment" I don't know how to use. This is my modified version, and I think it is really good:)

No comments:

Post a Comment