Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Shelly @ 328 : Riley's Room


Today our Home Tour resumes at Shelly's house. This time we are looking at Riley's room. (Sorry this is a day late. I know I said I would post it yesterday.) I am a little bias towards Riley's room because my daughter's nursery was decorated in black and pink. I love this color combo. This room should win some kind of award...seriously....it is that cute!:)
 I love the mixture of fabrics on this chair. This chair is the inspiration for one of my next projects. ( I will post pictures when I am finished.)

Monogramming adds such a personal touch. They even have large iron-on letters at craft stores. You should try adding a personal touch to one of your pillows!
I love this bedding! 

Did you notice the walls and ceilings are pink and all the trim is black? And don't you love that "R" on the wall. I am totally going to copy that. They sell those large letters at JoAnn's. I plan on spray painting it and then putting glitter on it just like Riley's.  
These pink knobs look great on this dresser. Fun knobs help add personality to a piece of furniture. A great source for knobs is Hobby Lobby - but don't pay full price. Be patient and wait until they are 1/2 off. They run that special every few weeks.

Did you see the flowers on the lampshade? You could add some life to an old shade by creating a similar look. Get some flowers and use your glue gun to stick those babies on! 

I am ready to get to work on my projects inspired by Shelly's home, are you?
 
 I hope everyone enjoyed our first ever Scarlet Sashes Home Tour! Thank you Shelly for being the first and letting me take pictures of your beautiful home:)

5 comments:

  1. This is the cutest little girls room ever! I love the combination of colors and fabrics! If the Torres family ever gets a little girl, I am coming back to this post for ideas for the room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, how did you find Shelly???? She is fantastic! I agree....such a cute room with GREAT ideas:) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Hey Stacy....
    Shelly and her husband are in our Life Group. They are our new friends:) She had a friend help her decorate the rooms. I can get her friend's number for all of us!haha
    Her family is awesome - she has 4 great kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely adorable! Love that bedding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my...so fabulous! Love the theme and styling of this room.

    Blessings,
    Marie
    http://emmacallsmemama.com

    ReplyDelete