Monday, June 29, 2009

Stephanie @ 1601 : Dining Room

Back at Steph's house. This hutch is one of my favorite pieces in her home. If you have read my previous blogs you know that I refer to Stephanie as "my paint expert" - this hutch is the reason why I call her an expert:)
This hutch started out as solid black. To give it some personality she painted it with Ralph Lauren metallic paint. She just brushed on the paint, not trying to paint it perfectly, because she knew she was going to heavily distress it. She left the inside black.

If you have a piece of furniture in your home that needs an update and want a quick project, you might give this a try. Stephanie recommends you stop by Starbucks and grab the biggest drink possible. The extra caffeine will help you get the job done even faster:)

No comments:

Post a Comment